Saturday, October 17, 2009

Another long hiatus

Ok.....I know this is becoming a regular thing now......but this time I think I have gotten over my writer's block and will be in blogosphere for a longer duration than any of the previous blogging spells I have had......and you know why ??....because of a beautiful little plastic document that bears a smiling picture of myself during my college years........my Omani drivers license which I got after a long, hard struggle of 6 months and several trips to the interiors of Oman.....well I finally got my ticket to independence and I am having an absolutely fab time with my cute little company car.......





........thanks to the greatest financial meltdown since 1930's the only ride my company could afford at a moment's notice is a spanking new Kia Rio which they have given me till they sort out my lease agreement and give me a slightly more respectable ride sometime soon inshallah.....but the manual tranny and the peppy engine of the Rio is taking me back to the very basic pleasure and sheer thrills of motoring........throwing the car around the roundabouts and spinning the wheels while at it.......traffic signal drag races.......honking at hala halas ('hala' is arabic for 'hello' and me & my buddies refer to really hot chicks, especially arab ones as 'hala hala' literally translated as 'hi hello' but the implied meaning is 'hi sweetheart , would u like to go to bed with me ?')....the car doesn't look much believe me its a really responsive and enthusisatic ride and highly recommended to beginners learning their ropes around Oman's motorways......and the fuel economy is awesome....just 4 bucks ('bucks' as in 'Rial Omani') will get it tanked to the brim and running for around 500 kms !!!!


Some nice 'hala halas' at the Dubai Air Show (photo courtesy - Gulf News)

So finally my dream of a new kind of blogging has come true.......this blog is going to transform totally into a petrolhead's dream come true and I am going to change myself and my lifestyle along with it........watch this space to know what is actually in store.......